Water Department and Public Works
Welcome to the City of Herrin Water Department and Public Works Department
Located in Herrin City Hall
300 North Park Avenue
Herrin, IL 62948
The Herrin Water Department is committed to serving the needs of Herrin residents, businesses, and visitors by providing essential water and waste water disposal services. Water clerks Addie Steh and Carrie Cravens strive to provide excellent customer service with Senior Water Clerk Jill Lentz.
Pay Your Water Bill
- Single Dwelling-$100.00
- One or more units-$100.00/unit
Water Tap Fee 3/4″ (In city limits)-$800.00
Water Tap Fee 1″ (In city limits)-$1,000.00
Water Tap Fee 3.4″ (Outside city limits)-$1,600.00
Water Tap Fee 1″ (Outside city limits)-$2,000.00
Sewer Tap Fee (Inside City Limits)-$200.00
(Sewer Taps must be completed by a licensed plumber)
Connecting Water Service
- Call (618) 942-6004 for appointment to receive Certificate of Occupancy
- Bring Certificate of Occupancy, Photo ID, and $100 security deposit to Water Office, 300 N Park Ave. located inside Herrin City Hall
$10 per month charge added to your water bill
Please place garbage out by 7:00 AM on your assigned trash day
City Pickup is limited to:
- Household garbage
- 10 bag limit
- No Yard Waste
- No bleach on container or on trash bags
- Secure cartons or boxes in bundles
- Yard waste including: brush, grass clippings, hedge clippings, gum balls, tree limbs, etc are not eligible for pickup
- Other ineligible items include:animal waste, deceased animals, poisons, explosives, dangerous or corrosive chemicals, heavy metals, metal parts, lumber, dirt, rock, brick, concrete block, tires, crates, and other construction waste.
Once per year, the last week of April
All items must be no larger than 2 men can lift.
Items that will not be collected include: refrigerators, ranges, water heaters, freezers, air conditioners, humidifiers, stoves, washers, dryers, dehumidifiers, ovens, dishwashers, water coolers, heat pumps, chillers, furnaces, boilers, yard waste, tree trimmings, tires, batteries, appliance compressors, construction and remodeling materials, paint, paint cans, insecticides, and used oil.